Blackheads are tiny, dark spots on the skin, which usually appear on the nose area. Clogged skin pores which are a result of too much production of oil are the main culprit for the formation of blackheads. Even though they are not painful, they can make your skin look unattractive and unhealthy and lead to infections and acne.
Luckily, you don’t have to buy expensive beauty products because there is a natural homemade mask with only two ingredients that would not cost a fortune and that is very effective in eliminating blackheads. Here’s what you need and how to prepare it:
Anti-blackheads Mask Recipe
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice
- First, separate the egg white carefully from the yolk and use a whirl for stirring it until you get a smooth texture.
- Then, squeeze out some lemon juice, add only one teaspoon to the egg mixture, and your mask is ready for use.
How to Use This Mask?
- It is of great importance to have completely clean skin before applying the mask.
- Therefore, what you should do first is wash your face with warm water so that all the dirt comes out.
- The warm water will also help your pores to open.
- Second, apply the mask to the entire face, except the eye area, using a brush made of natural hair.
- If the mask somehow ends up on the eye area you should quickly rinse with warm water.
- Then, keep the mask for about 20 to 25 minutes so that it can do its magic. And afterward, peel the mask from your face.
- In the end, apply a face cream. Chamomile based creams would be especially useful, but you can also apply the one that you normally use every day.
Why are its Ingredients Beneficial?
- The combination of lemon juice and egg white is extremely useful for eliminating blackheads.
- Lemon juice contains citric acid and natural astringent properties that help to close the pores, thus removing the existing and preventing further formation of blackheads.
- It also penetrates deep into the skin and thus protects from bacterial infections by removing any kind of dirt, impurity, and oil.
- The nutrients found in lemons, such as calcium, potassium, and vitamin C, are also very beneficial for skin health.
- Furthermore, egg whites are also beneficial for skin care and healthy skin complexion.
- They contain high levels of vitamins and minerals.
- The selenium found in egg whites prevents acne formation.
- Similarly, the protein also protects your skin from bacteria causing which cause acne.
- It also tightens your pores and decreases the appearance of wrinkles.